Cassiopeia's Choose your own adventure story!

Davenport and Goddard meet

"Cadet Seth Goddard," TJ blurted out. "He came in here to borrow your ID card. He's now hiding behind the desk."

"What?!" In two simple strides davenport was to his desk and stooping down. Seth scrambled out, casting a glare at TJ.

"Theresa, TJ, out!" Davenport ordered, "I want to talk to cadet Goddard in private." The two hastily obeyed.

Outside of the office Theresa sighed. "I'm not sure if your father is going to give that boy the punishment he deserves," she mused aloud. "after all he was stealing so he deserves something. But sometimes your father is a little too easy on these kids." Theresa smiled down at her daughter. "Well at least you did the right thing."

TJ nodded, happy that her mother agreed with her. I hope that Seth thinks so too, she hoped.

***

Seth did not think so too. All right, Davenport had only given him a warning but that wasn't the point. The point was that Davenport's little brat got what she deserved.

Seth hid behind a wall, concealing himself from the guest quarters, snickering already. Moments earlier he had entered the quarters carrying a large bowl of synthesized Jell-O. Seth snickered more, remembering setting up his prank.

He immediately silenced himself as TJ came into view, decked out in a pair of fuzzy pink PJ's. The girl yawned and then entered the quarters. Moments later Seth heard a "lights out" as part of the yellow glow was extinguished from the quarters. Seth held his breath.

Suddenly a scream emerged from TJ's room! All the smallest cadets whose own quarters were nearby, leaned out past their doors as TJ's parents, who were arguing outside, rushed into the room. "TJ, my darling, what's wrong?!" Mrs. Davenport cried.

"My bed... it's all... squishy and.... gooey!" came TJ's response. "And I got it all over myself!"

Suddenly light came from that section of the quarters and Davenport cried out in surprise....

"Jello?!"

Sucsess! Seth laughed aloud. The snickers of the observing cadets drowned his sound out. That'll teach her not to tattle, Seth thought wickedly.

***

Theresa Davenport was pacing so violently that her husband thought that she mistook the Jell-O for a bomb. "Calm down dear. It's not all that serous."

'It is serious," Mrs. Davenport insisted. "Your lack of discipline has proven-"

"It's just Jell-O, Theresa," Davenport interrupted. "Just a kid venting off steam about a failed exam or something. But I'll look into it."

Davenport lowered himself to his daughter's level and took her shoulders. "TJ, do you have any clue on who would want to do this to you?" he asked, knowing very well who could. But Davenport didn't want his wife deeming the boy a juvenile delinquent because he was mischievous twice that day.

TJ shared her father's knowledge of who preformed the prank but kept silent for different reasons. Tattling is what got her into this mess.

***

Seth watched the two elder Davenports storm out of the room, probably initiating a search for the prankster. Taking this as an indication that he should get to where he belonged before being discovered, he turned to leave.

But he wasn't fast enough. Just one second later he heard an angry "Seth Goddard!" Turning, he found himself face to face with TJ Davenport.

"How could you do that?" she demanded, her PJ's dripping with Jell-O. "I'll... I'll get you for this!"

Seth chucked and was about to retort when he heard some outside snickering behind him. Swerving around, the boy found himself face to face with cadet Reaver.

Now Seth was mischievous sometimes but Reaver even extended his limit. Reaver broke far more serious rules than the ones denying pranks or even thefts.

"Are you so lame that the only people you can beat are toddlers?" Reaver challenged.

Seth clenched his face and balled his fists at the insult. "I could beat the tar out of you... if I wanted to." he muttered under his breath.

But Reaver had heard him. A look of satisfaction crossed his face as he asked, "You wanna piece of me, Goddard?"

Seth clenched harder, focusing on nothing but his rage. That Reaver, such a bully... I'll show him. He prepared his hands to strike.

Suddenly though, a small tug came at his sleeve which he turned to confront. TJ stood there, looking very frightened and very white.

Not only did this draw Seth's attention to the age of the observer of his fight but this particular kid had direct connections to the principal. If Davenport found out he'd....

But I gotta live up to this or Reaver will remember it till kingdom come. Besides this bully should get a taste of his own medicine. Yet... I have gotten into enough trouble today... haven't I?

What should Seth do?

Fight, fight fight!

Walk away.

Links to other sites on the Web

Fanfiction Page
Main Page


This page formerly hosted by Yahoo! GeoCities